APM Terminals Elizabeth has taken delivery of four gantry cranes to better serve large containerships at the New Jersey port.
The cranes reach 23 containers across the vessel beam, which is equivalent to two-thirds the width of a football field.
APM Terminals North America CEO Wim Lagaay said they are part of the facility’s US$200 million infrastructure investments scheduled for completion this year.
The modernisation also includes reinforcing berths that have been dredged to 15.25 metres to handle the larger vessels and a new gate facility for truckers to enter and exit safely.
Latest from Baird Maritime Gear Editor
- VOLVO PENTA DEMONSTRATION DAY | New heavy duty ratings plus IMO III concept for the D8 engine
- Hamiltonjet secures multi-year project with Taiwanese Coast Guard
- GEAR | Volvo Penta D13-400s provide fuel savings and reliability
- MAN Engines releases first IMO Tier III engines for workboats
- Schottel expands range of high-performance nozzles