A complete Humphree equipment set up has been installed on a new Norwegian SWATH vessel.
The vessel is equipped with transom mounted interceptors and fin stabilisation based on four fins. The complete system is electric actuated with the Humphree fast servo units.
The Humphree Active Ride control system, integrating both interceptors and fins in one system, has proved to give a significant motion reduction that improves safety and comfort onboard for both crew and passenger. The system also reduce fuel consumption which minimise the environmental impact from the vessels operation.
This waterjet propelled vessel is also assisted with the Humphree interceptor steering that further improve the fuel consumption and the vessels durability.
Latest from Baird Maritime Gear Editor
- MJP takes first order for new "X series" waterjets
- VESSEL REVIEW | New RHIB fleet for Indonesian government services
- Ares Shipyard and Thyssenkrupp Marine Systems join forces for prospective international programs
- MHI Vestas launches first 10 MW wind turbine in history
- MAN wins seven-vessel factory trawler engine contracts