United Shipbuilding Corporation's Yantar Baltic Shipbuilding Plant has begun mooring trials of Leninets, a new Project SK3101R trawler/seiner being built for the Kolkhovetskaya Fishing Collective.
The mooring trials are among the final series of tests that the vessel will undergo prior to being handed over to its new owners within the first quarter of this year.
Designed by Norway’s Skipskompetanse, Leninets had its keel laid in July 2016 and was launched in November 2017. Two other Project SK3101R vessels, Komandor (“Commander”) and Udarnik (“Drummer”), have also been launched and are set to undergo their respective mooring trials within the year.
Leninets has a length of 50.6 metres, a width of 12 metres, and a 2,200kW main engine.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding