A pair of longliners for Norwegian operator Ervik Havfiske is being built at Tersan Shipyard in Turkey.
The 54-metre Argos Georgia, which is intended for fishing for toothfish in the Southern Ocean, was launched at the yard by Ervik Havfiske’s Hildegunn Tunheim Aarsheim.
The shipyard’s managing director Mehmet Gazioglu said Argos Georgia and sister vessel Nordic Prince were due for delivery in the first quarter of next year.
The two longliners are designed by Marin Teknikk.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Pakistani sailors rescued from burning tanker anchored off Lagos
- Svitzer Australia christens newest tug
- Damen, Van Wijngaarden sign workboat contract
- Austal delivers fourth Guardian-class patrol boat to Australian Department of Defence
- Neptune Marine delivers ice-class multi-purpose tug to Beluga Projects Logistic