United Shipbuilding Corporation’s Severnaya Verf and fishing company Virma have signed a contract for the construction of a new longliner/processor.
This is the third Project MT1112XL vessel ordered by Virma from Severnaya Verf.
Like its sisters, the third Project MT1112XL longliner/processor will have a length of 59 metres, a width of 13 metres, a displacement of 2,200 tonnes, a maximum endurance of 45 days, and a processing capacity of 30 tonnes per day.
The vessels are designed to fish for cod and haddock.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding