Construction is progressing well on Atlantic Longline’s battery hybrid autoline vessel at Turkey’s Tersan Shipyard.
Designed by Skipsteknisk, the 62.8-metre by 14-metre vessel Atlantic will use new battery technology to further reduce fuel consumption.
Teknotherm will deliver the ammonia refrigeration machinery for Atlantic, which will have a freezing capacity of 60 metric tonnes per 24 hours of H&G and fillets.
The vessel is scheduled for delivery in October 2019.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Amelia and Johan – Purpose built cats boost Hawaii’s scuba diving charter industry
- VESSEL REVIEW | SST Grizzly and SST Orca – Escort tug beasts for British Columbia
- FEATURE | BIMCO: Maritime powers need to deploy in Gulf of Guinea
- FEATURE | US container imports break records but uncertainty lies ahead
- FEATURE | Battle for the supply chain to aide container supply-demand balance