Tersan Shipyard of Turkey has launched Calvert, a factory trawler ordered by Newfoundland-based seafood company Ocean Choice International.
The Skipsteknisk-designed vessel will have a length of 74 metres, a beam of 16 metres, a crew of 39, and one MAN 4,868kW main engine.
Once the hull is completed at Tersan, Calvert will be brought to Newfoundland and Labrador for installation of its factory deck by a local company.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy