Russia's Pella Shipyard has launched the first of two Project 1701 freezer trawlers ordered by Fest Group.
The 61- by 14-metre vessel has been named Skorpion and will be used for both bottom and pelagic trawling.
The trawler will have a crew of 38, a fish hold capacity of 1,200 cubic metres, a freezing capacity of over 60 tonnes per day, and an electrohydraulic crane capable of hauling up to three tonnes.
One 3,480kW engine will give Skorpion a speed of 13.5 knots.
Russia bans Norwegian cruise ship from sailing through Arctic waters
- Builder's trials begin for Russia's new Project 636.3 sub
- Neptune Marine delivers ice-class multi-purpose tug to Beluga Projects Logistic
- Research ship Akademik Alexandrov begins acceptance trials
- Özata cuts steel for Bø Havfiske seiner
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy