Spain's Armon Shipyard has launched Ponta Matirre, the first in a series of four 30-metre-long freezer trawlers ordered by Nueva Pescanova Group.
The vessel will be operated by Pescamar, Nueva Pescanova's Mozambique subsidiary, and will be used primarily for catching shrimp.
Construction of Ponta Matirre is expected to be completed by the end of 2019. It will be the first vessel to be delivered to Nueva Pescanova in the last 20 years.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy