United Shipbuilding Corporation's (USC) Yantar Baltic Shipbuilding Plant began conducting sea trials of the Project SK3101R trawler Leninets on Friday, July 12.
The initial trials, which are being conducted in the Baltic Sea and are expected to conclude this week, will test the vessel's navigation, propulsion, and communication systems.
Three more periods of sea trials are to be carried out before the delivery of Leninets to the Kolkhovetskaya Fishing Collective. All three Project SK3101R trawlers ordered by the Kolkhovetskaya collective are to be delivered within this year.
Russia bans Norwegian cruise ship from sailing through Arctic waters
- Builder's trials begin for Russia's new Project 636.3 sub
- Neptune Marine delivers ice-class multi-purpose tug to Beluga Projects Logistic
- Research ship Akademik Alexandrov begins acceptance trials
- Özata cuts steel for Bø Havfiske seiner
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy