A newbuild trawler was christened and welcomed into service by Norwegian fishing company Peter Hepsø Rederi on Saturday, April 6.
The 79.75- by 15.5-metre Rav was designed and built by Karstensens Skibsværft of Denmark primarily to trawl for blue whiting but may also be configured to operate as a purse seiner when fishing for mackerel and herring.
The newbuild is fitted with a Wärtsilä 31 four-stroke main engine.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Pakistani sailors rescued from burning tanker anchored off Lagos
- Svitzer Australia christens newest tug
- Damen, Van Wijngaarden sign workboat contract
- Austal delivers fourth Guardian-class patrol boat to Australian Department of Defence
- Neptune Marine delivers ice-class multi-purpose tug to Beluga Projects Logistic