Fishing vessel builder Karstensens Skibsværft has signed a contract for a new shrimp trawler with Denmark's North Sea Fishing.
The 32- by 10-metre vessel will replace the trawler North Sea which has been in the owner’s fleet since 1968.
The new trawler will be built at Karstensen’s facilities in Poland and completed at the company’s yard in Denmark’s northernmost town of Skagen.
Delivery is scheduled for June 2020.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Collision with tanker may have caused fishing boat to capsize, Norwegian investigators claim
- Piriou begins building OPV trio for Argentina
- Sevmash Shipbuilding launches drone-capable submarine
- Qatar Petroleum initiates shipbuilding programme for more than 100 new LNG carriers
- TechnipFMC awarded ConocoPhillips EPCI contract