Spain’s Gondan Shipbuilders has signed a contract with Norwegian operator Engenes Fiskeriselskap for a new stern trawler.
The Rolls Royce Marine-designed, DNV-classed vessel will have a length of 69.9 metres, a width of 16 metres, a steel hull, an aluminium superstructure, accommodations for 29 people, and a freezer hold capacity of 1,400 cubic metres.
The vessel will operate mainly in the North Atlantic, Barents Sea, and Svalbard waters. It will be operated for heading, gutting, and freezing of whole white fish.
- Armon floats out first of four freezer trawlers for Nueva Pescanova
- Solstad secures long-term contract extension for CSV
- Golden Energy Offshore awarded contract extensions for PSV pair
- Fumigation may be less effective against certain grain cargo pests than thought
- Freire launches fisheries patrol boat for Kuwait