Spain’s Gondan Shipbuilders has signed a contract with Norwegian operator Engenes Fiskeriselskap for a new stern trawler.
The Rolls Royce Marine-designed, DNV-classed vessel will have a length of 69.9 metres, a width of 16 metres, a steel hull, an aluminium superstructure, accommodations for 29 people, and a freezer hold capacity of 1,400 cubic metres.
The vessel will operate mainly in the North Atlantic, Barents Sea, and Svalbard waters. It will be operated for heading, gutting, and freezing of whole white fish.
- Viking wins Norwegian Police Service patrol boat contract
- Helge Ingstad repairs to cost more than new warship acquisition, Norwegian report claims
- Solstad secures PSV contract, extensions
- EMGS awarded multi-client survey in Norwegian Barents Sea
Global Cruise Lines ship fined NOK 700,000 for exceeding Norwegian sulphur limits
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding