United Shipbuilding Corporation’s (USC) Severnaya Verf (Northern Shipyard) recently held a keel-laying ceremony for the first of six Project 170701 trawler-processors.
Named Kapitan Sokolov, the vessel is one of six ordered by Russian fishing company Rybprominvest.
The vessel will be able to accommodate up to 1,020 tonnes of fish products, 334 tonnes of fish meal, and 95 tonnes of canned fish.
Kapitan Sokolov measures 81.6 by 16 metres. It has a speed of 15 knots, a displacement of 5,500 tonnes, a crew of 70, a fish processing capacity of 150 tonnes per day, and a freezing capacity of 100 tonnes per day.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding