Russian company Vostokrybprom has ordered a newbuild factory trawler from Tersan Shipyard in Turkey.
Vostokrybprom harvests fish in environmentally safe areas of the Russian Far East.
The vessel will have a length of 108.2 metres and beam of 21 metres.
Skipsteknisk has been hired to design the fishing vessel.
It will accommodate 139 crew and be able to catch and process more than 400 tonnes of pollock or 350 tonnes of herring per day.
The vessel is scheduled for delivery in July, 2020.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Awilco orders second semi-submersible drilling rig from Keppel FELS
- Jiangsu Zhenjiang cuts steel for seven tugs for COSCO Shipping Bulk
- Royal IHC to build second TSHD for National Marine Dredging Company
- McDermott awarded Middle East offshore EPCI contract
- Topaz and BP sign contract extension for 12 vessels