Russian company Vostokrybprom has ordered a newbuild factory trawler from Tersan Shipyard in Turkey.
Vostokrybprom harvests fish in environmentally safe areas of the Russian Far East.
The vessel will have a length of 108.2 metres and beam of 21 metres.
Skipsteknisk has been hired to design the fishing vessel.
It will accommodate 139 crew and be able to catch and process more than 400 tonnes of pollock or 350 tonnes of herring per day.
The vessel is scheduled for delivery in July, 2020.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines’ first missile-capable frigate to be launched on May 23
- Huangpu Wenchong delivers second of six 1,400TEU vessels to Containerships
- Jiangsu Hantong launches fourth 82,000DWT bulker for Oldendorff
- Viking wins Norwegian Police Service patrol boat contract
- New fireboat delivered to Rabun County, Georgia