Seattle-based Arctic Storm Management Group has signed a contract with Thoma-Sea Marine Constructors to build a pelagic trawler.
The 100-metre-long vessel, designed by Rolls Royce, will be able to accommodate a crew of more than 150 people.
The new trawler was designed for pelagic trawl operation in the North Pacific waters catching wild Alaska Pollock and cod fish.
The vessel is scheduled for delivery in 2021.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Amelia and Johan – Purpose built cats boost Hawaii’s scuba diving charter industry
- VESSEL REVIEW | SST Grizzly and SST Orca – Escort tug beasts for British Columbia
- FEATURE | BIMCO: Maritime powers need to deploy in Gulf of Guinea
- FEATURE | US container imports break records but uncertainty lies ahead
- FEATURE | Battle for the supply chain to aide container supply-demand balance