Seattle-based Arctic Storm Management Group has signed a contract with Thoma-Sea Marine Constructors to build a pelagic trawler.
The 100-metre-long vessel, designed by Rolls Royce, will be able to accommodate a crew of more than 150 people.
The new trawler was designed for pelagic trawl operation in the North Pacific waters catching wild Alaska Pollock and cod fish.
The vessel is scheduled for delivery in 2021.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines’ first missile-capable frigate to be launched on May 23
- Huangpu Wenchong delivers second of six 1,400TEU vessels to Containerships
- Jiangsu Hantong launches fourth 82,000DWT bulker for Oldendorff
- Viking wins Norwegian Police Service patrol boat contract
- New fireboat delivered to Rabun County, Georgia