Cemre Shipyard has been awarded a contract by Olympic Seafood to build a new trawler.
The Turkish shipyard’s third fishing vessel newbuilding for 2018, the Rolls-Royce Marine-designed trawler has a 1,400-cubic-metre freezer hold capacity.
Built for Arctic waters and with fishing rights and processing capacity for whitefish and shrimp, the 70-metre by 16-metre vessel will be classed under DNV GL rules.
Accommodating 29 people, the trawler will be equipped with an HSG hybrid propulsion plant, Promas propulsion system and energy-efficient PM driven trawl winches.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | 455298 – High-spec police landing craft for remote Australia
- VESSEL REVIEW | Anse Bleue and Cap Salomon – France looks east to serve west
- VESSEL REVIEW | Njord Zenith – BMT’s new crewboat for Njord Offshore
- Australia set to stop northern summer sheep exports
- VESSEL REVIEW | Sea Express II – SeaCat Ships’ new 29-metre Caribbean eco-ferry