The Central Institute of Fisheries Technology (CIFT) of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) has begun conducting trials of a newbuild solar-powered vessel.
Built by Samudra Shipyard, the FRP-hulled vessel is designed to operate in aquaculture ponds, reservoirs, and small rivers and may also be used as a recreational fishing boat.
The boat has accommodations for six people and a maximum endurance of three hours at a cruising speed of four knots in calm water.
The trials are being carried out at the Njarakkal Fish Farm and Aqua Tourism Centre.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Two more charged in deadly Missouri duck boat sinking
- Onezhsky Shipbuilding launches Project 3265 buoy tender
- Mermaid Maritime secures US$65 million loan facility for financing of DSV pair
- Apache North Sea awards second contract extension for Esvagt Observer
- Alaska's largest ferry to be taken out of service