The Central Institute of Fisheries Technology (CIFT) of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) has begun conducting trials of a newbuild solar-powered vessel.
Built by Samudra Shipyard, the FRP-hulled vessel is designed to operate in aquaculture ponds, reservoirs, and small rivers and may also be used as a recreational fishing boat.
The boat has accommodations for six people and a maximum endurance of three hours at a cruising speed of four knots in calm water.
The trials are being carried out at the Njarakkal Fish Farm and Aqua Tourism Centre.
- GRSE launches final Priyadarshini-class FPV for Indian Coast Guard
- Indian pilot project seeks to prove feasibility of LNG-fueled fishing boats
- Jemar Norpower delivers wrasse catcher to Fitjar owner
- COLUMN | Fish auctions: an ancient solution for modern times
- Fire erupts on containership near Gujarat