The largest feed barge in the Southern Hemisphere was christened and launched in Australia on December 14.
The 39.2- by 12-metre Hogan was designed by Huon Aquaculture in collaboration with Akva and Crisp Bros. and Haywards and built by Crisp Bros. and Haywards.
The vessel is fully autonomous with every onboard system capable of being remotely operated from Huon’s feed control room in Hobart.
Hogan is the first of two 600-tonne feed barges that will service Huon’s Storm Bay leases. The second vessel is currently under construction at Crisp Bros. and Haywards.
- FEATURE | Improving maritime security in the Asia–Pacific
- VESSEL REVIEW | Skull Rock – Wheeled tourist RHIB an Australian first
- HMAS Ballarat seizes 3.1 tonnes of hashish in Middle East
- World’s largest live fish carrier launched at Cemre Shipyard
- Maersk Supply Service awarded long-term AHTS contract in Australia