The Kristiansund-based company Abyss Aqua has signed a contract with Maritime Partner in Aalesund for the delivery of a high-speed vessel for ocean farming. The new vessel's main features are similar to Fosna Triton, which was delivered from Maritime Partner to Abyss Aqua in May 2016.
The vessel has been developed in close cooperation between the two companies, and is tailor-made for service and diving missions for the ocean farming industry. She is 15 metres long, and designed to reach a top speed of 35 knots.
It can cover a vast area in the event of multiple, sudden operations in one day, for example in the event of a potential escape from a fish farm. Living facilities are high quality so the vessel can also cover large areas along the coast, for longer periods of time.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Over 200 evacuated following chemical leak on Swedish ferry
- Turkey abandons salvage efforts on sunken cargo ship
- NTSB cites overloading, poor stability assessment in fatal fishing boat capsizing
- Robert Allan Ltd, MTU unveil design of LNG-fueled pushboat
- Prosafe platform gets fourth contract extension under Equinor