Comeau's Sea Foods has ordered the construction of a 50-metre frozen-at-sea scallop harvesting and processing vessel from Spanish shipbuilder Astilleros Armon.
Bedford-based Allswater Marine provided the design and architecture for the new build.
The steel cutting and keel laying of the new vessel is scheduled to begin in the next few months.
Construction of the vessel, to be named Lady Comeau III, is anticipated to last 20 months with an expected delivery for Spring 2020.
- Bulker crew cleared of oil spill charges in Canada
- Spain’s Guardia Civil takes delivery of multi-purpose speedboat
- Lockheed Martin Canada-led consortium wins warship design contract
- Nodosa to build freezer trawler for Perscuerta
- Canadian military deems proposed second interim support ship unnecessary