Comeau's Sea Foods has ordered the construction of a 50-metre frozen-at-sea scallop harvesting and processing vessel from Spanish shipbuilder Astilleros Armon.
Bedford-based Allswater Marine provided the design and architecture for the new build.
The steel cutting and keel laying of the new vessel is scheduled to begin in the next few months.
Construction of the vessel, to be named Lady Comeau III, is anticipated to last 20 months with an expected delivery for Spring 2020.
Construction temporarily halted on Havila Kystruten cruise ship pair
- Robert Allan Ltd, MTU unveil design of LNG-fueled pushboat
- COLUMN | Fish auctions: an ancient solution for modern times
Baleària launches Port Everglades-Bimini fast ferry route
Marine Atlantic issues RFQ for Ro-Pax newbuilding
in Ro-Pax World
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy