Fish farming group Alsaker Fjordbruk has ordered a new live fish carrier from Spanish shipbuilders Astilleros de Murueta.
Designs for the vessel were provided by Salt Ship Design.
Alsaker is a vertically integrated fish farming group and is one of the largest privately-owned players in the production of smolt and salmon.
The new vessel will be 90.7 metres long, 18.6 metres wide and will have a well capacity of more than 5,000 cubic metres.
The live fish carrier is expected to be delivered in 2020.
- Norway to finance Icelandic trawler newbuildings
- Armon floats out first of four freezer trawlers for Nueva Pescanova
- Solstad secures long-term contract extension for CSV
- Golden Energy Offshore awarded contract extensions for PSV pair
- Fumigation may be less effective against certain grain cargo pests than thought
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Future amphibious assault ship USS Tripoli completes builder's trials
- South Korean bulker boarded by pirates in South China Sea
- Saipem tapped to build wind farm offshore Saudi Arabia
- Hapag Lloyd, ONE to launch Middle East-India-Africa service
- Taiwan's first locally-built windfarm barge sails on maiden voyage