Fish farming group Alsaker Fjordbruk has ordered a new live fish carrier from Spanish shipbuilders Astilleros de Murueta.
Designs for the vessel were provided by Salt Ship Design.
Alsaker is a vertically integrated fish farming group and is one of the largest privately-owned players in the production of smolt and salmon.
The new vessel will be 90.7 metres long, 18.6 metres wide and will have a well capacity of more than 5,000 cubic metres.
The live fish carrier is expected to be delivered in 2020.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Belgium orders new research vessel
- VESSEL REVIEW | Klara 1 – High quality for high pressure times
- VESSEL REVIEW | Fathom – Canadian resort's new taxi/tourist boat
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raiymbek Batyr – Part of a six-vessel tug fleet for Khazakstan
- VLCC equipped with sail propulsion system completes sea trials