Fish farming group Alsaker Fjordbruk has ordered a new live fish carrier from Spanish shipbuilders Astilleros de Murueta.
Designs for the vessel were provided by Salt Ship Design.
Alsaker is a vertically integrated fish farming group and is one of the largest privately-owned players in the production of smolt and salmon.
The new vessel will be 90.7 metres long, 18.6 metres wide and will have a well capacity of more than 5,000 cubic metres.
The live fish carrier is expected to be delivered in 2020.
- Equinor and KNOC sign MOU for possible wind farm offshore South Korea
- Cargo ship carrying cocaine worth US$148 million seized off Portuguese coast
- ACSM acquires ex-Toisa PSV
- Ocean Yield enters into option agreement for long-term FPSO bareboat charter
- P&O Reyser orders IMO Tier III compliant tug from UAE builder