Norway’s Simek shipyard has had to close up shop after over 50 years of operation.
Simek reported it had been facing financial problems for several years and was unable to find a sustainable solution.
Simek had to relieve all 150 of its employees last September.
The shipbuilder’s orderbook ran out at the end of Easter.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Amelia and Johan – Purpose built cats boost Hawaii’s scuba diving charter industry
- VESSEL REVIEW | SST Grizzly and SST Orca – Escort tug beasts for British Columbia
- FEATURE | BIMCO: Maritime powers need to deploy in Gulf of Guinea
- FEATURE | US container imports break records but uncertainty lies ahead
- FEATURE | Battle for the supply chain to aide container supply-demand balance