The Caledonia III has recently been launched at Macduff Shipyards' Buckie facility and is now in the harbour where final fit out is being carried out.
The vessel features a Caterpillar C18 main engine coupled to a 7:1 reduction gearbox and driving a 2,000mm diameter propeller and matching nozzle.
Caledonia III is a sister ship to the Asteria which was also built in Buckie and was handed over last autumn.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Amelia and Johan – Purpose built cats boost Hawaii’s scuba diving charter industry
- VESSEL REVIEW | SST Grizzly and SST Orca – Escort tug beasts for British Columbia
- FEATURE | BIMCO: Maritime powers need to deploy in Gulf of Guinea
- FEATURE | US container imports break records but uncertainty lies ahead
- FEATURE | Battle for the supply chain to aide container supply-demand balance