The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA's) newly released Status of US Fisheries report for 2017 shows the number of stocks on the overfished list has reached a new all-time low.
By the end of 2017, the number of stocks on the overfishing list remained at 30, while the number of stocks on the overfished list dropped to 35, the lowest number ever. Additionally, three more fish stocks were rebuilt in 2017, bringing the total number of rebuilt stocks to 44 since 2000.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Amelia and Johan – Purpose built cats boost Hawaii’s scuba diving charter industry
- VESSEL REVIEW | SST Grizzly and SST Orca – Escort tug beasts for British Columbia
- FEATURE | BIMCO: Maritime powers need to deploy in Gulf of Guinea
- FEATURE | US container imports break records but uncertainty lies ahead
- FEATURE | Battle for the supply chain to aide container supply-demand balance