The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA's) newly released Status of US Fisheries report for 2017 shows the number of stocks on the overfished list has reached a new all-time low.
By the end of 2017, the number of stocks on the overfishing list remained at 30, while the number of stocks on the overfished list dropped to 35, the lowest number ever. Additionally, three more fish stocks were rebuilt in 2017, bringing the total number of rebuilt stocks to 44 since 2000.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding