By Rod and Lucinda Heikell
The Heikells need no introduction to readers of this website. Almost everyone who has cruised or operated in the Mediterranean, Red Sea or Indian Ocean would have read, enjoyed and benefited from their “pilots” and guide books.
Your reviewer has read and referred to them on numerous occasions when planning and undertaking voyages in many parts of the Mediterranean. They are excellent and always both reliable and interesting.
The Heikells regularly update their books as they continue to cruise through their areas of interest. This Ionian pilot is no exception. It is absolutely up-to-date and packed with useful and inspiring information.
While aimed at the yachting market, they are, nevertheless, just as valuable to commercial and naval mariners. This one is particularly highly refined.
Available from Imray Laurie Norie and Wilson, St Ives, UK.
- BOOK REVIEW | Turning Point – The Battle for Milne Bay 1942: Japan’s First Land Defeat in World War II
- BOOK REVIEW | Atlantic Spain and Portugal – Cabo Ortegal (Galicia) to Gibraltar (Eighth Edition)
- BOOK REVIEW | A Carrier at Risk – Argentine Aircraft Carrier and Anti-Submarine Operations Against the Royal Navy’s Attack Submarines During the Falklands/Malvinas War, 1982
- BOOK REVIEW | History of the World – Map by Map
- BOOK REVIEW | RMS Adriatic (II) – White Star Wonder Ship in Old Picture Postcards