A five-month project is underway in Australia to help owners, operators and crew of domestic commercial vessels assess their safety management systems (SMS). The General Safety Duty requirements under the National Law require all vessels to have an SMS.
Run by AMSA, the project will only collect base data about vessel type, operating area and outcome of the assessment. This will not identify you or your vessel.
The verification process takes around one hour to complete. A liaison officer will discuss the results with you at the end and give you a checklist for future reference. You can also assess your SMS through a self-assessment by downloading the SMS verification tool from AMSA's website.
To participate or speak to your liaision officer contact AMSA Connect on (02) 6279 5000.
Latest from Ausmarine
- GEAR | Isuzu gensets successfully power crayboat Gambler's early operations
- Colbeck: Australians reject Labor’s marine park lock outs
- GEAR | Machiavelli – Recent docking project at Harwood Marine
- Maritime industry congratulates the Coalition on re-election
- Peter Ridd wins free speech victory against James Cook University