The Fortescue Metals Group has awarded Kotug Australia a tug operations contract for the Port of Port Hedland, the world’s largest bulk export port on Australia's west coast.
The fleet consists of six Fortescue-owned tugs, and three Kotug-owned tugs, which will be chartered directly to Fortescue. In May 2016, Fortescue was awarded a second towage license for Port Hedland.
Kotug has appointed Westug to manage the local Pilbara operations. Under this complicated operating model, Westug has delegated authority from Kotug to manage operations of the tug fleet and crews to the satisfaction of Pilbara Marine.
Latest from Ausmarine
- Colbeck: Australians reject Labor’s marine park lock outs
- GEAR | Machiavelli – Recent docking project at Harwood Marine
- Maritime industry congratulates the Coalition on re-election
- Peter Ridd wins free speech victory against James Cook University
- GEAR | Melba Star shines brighter with new John Deere engine