The Fortescue Metals Group has awarded Kotug Australia a tug operations contract for the Port of Port Hedland, the world’s largest bulk export port on Australia's west coast.
The fleet consists of six Fortescue-owned tugs, and three Kotug-owned tugs, which will be chartered directly to Fortescue. In May 2016, Fortescue was awarded a second towage license for Port Hedland.
Kotug has appointed Westug to manage the local Pilbara operations. Under this complicated operating model, Westug has delegated authority from Kotug to manage operations of the tug fleet and crews to the satisfaction of Pilbara Marine.
Latest from Ausmarine
- GEAR | Yanmar-powered ferry headed for busy life in the Seychelles
- AusPost features sustainably fished stocks on new stamps
- State Government to further restrict WA fishers with marine parks expansion
- Charges and car seizure for illegal nets in Victoria
- WA lobster industry relieved after government backdown