|Progress on Russian submarines|
|Wednesday, 25 March 2009 15:10|
The first vessel, number 677, of the St Petersburg-class of submarines will be delivered to the Russian Navy by the end of this year.
According to Russian sources, final adjustments to the systems and equipment are all that's left to finish before final sea trials begin in May.
Meanwhile, Sevmash has released news of its fourth project, submarine number 955, the first submarine of the Yuri Dolgoruky-class. According to Russian news services, the vessel will undergo mooring tests and will soon be getting ready for sea trials. Russian media are reporting that the vessel will be delivered this year. The Chief of the Ministry of Defence, Vice Admiral Anatoly Shlemov has reportedly confirmed this news. He added that two other vessels, ‘Alexander Nevsky’ and ‘Vladmir Monomah’ are still under construction.Sevmash production facilities
Latest Book Reviews
- Admiral Nimitz: The Commander of the Pacific Ocean Theater
- A Plain Sailorman In China: The Life and Time of Cdr. I.V. Gillis, USN 1875-1948
- Double Cross: The True Story of the D-Day Spies
- What’s In It For You?
- The Naval Institute Guide To The Ships And Aircraft Of The U.S. Fleet
- Two Roads To War: The French and British Air Arms from Versailles to Dunkirk
- The World Of Arthur Ransom
Latest CommentsChaithra: A recent Boat/US Magazine atclrie reported that 70% of boat sales were sales of used boats. It's no ...
Dermot bremner: Every system has its day, they have their day and cease to be .
Alfred Lord Tennyson
aryastark: I have been having a whole discussion with my friend's husband (who is an engineer) aboutnatural gas...
Nazery Khalid: Hi Ross
Greetings from Malaysia. Thanks for your comment and for sharing your invention...