|China’s first foreign port franchise acquisition|
|Tuesday, 24 March 2009 12:05|
Earlier this month, COSCO Pacific received approval from the Greek parliament, entitling the company to a 35-year franchise of the Piraeus Port of Greece.
This is the first time a Chinese enterprise has managed to acquire a port franchise in a foreign country.
Under the agreement, COSCO Pacific has acquired a 30-year franchise on four 10,000-standard-container docks in the PIER Terminal 2, and also a 35-year franchise on two newly-built 10,000-standard-container docks in the PIER Terminal 3.
Capt Wei Jiafu, President of COSCO and the Board Director of China COSCO Holdings, said that COSCO is stepping up its preparations and expecting to officially take over the terminals operation as from October 1.
Latest Book Reviews
- Admiral Nimitz: The Commander of the Pacific Ocean Theater
- A Plain Sailorman In China: The Life and Time of Cdr. I.V. Gillis, USN 1875-1948
- Double Cross: The True Story of the D-Day Spies
- What’s In It For You?
- The Naval Institute Guide To The Ships And Aircraft Of The U.S. Fleet
- Two Roads To War: The French and British Air Arms from Versailles to Dunkirk
- The World Of Arthur Ransom
Latest CommentsChaithra: A recent Boat/US Magazine atclrie reported that 70% of boat sales were sales of used boats. It's no ...
Dermot bremner: Every system has its day, they have their day and cease to be .
Alfred Lord Tennyson
aryastark: I have been having a whole discussion with my friend's husband (who is an engineer) aboutnatural gas...
Nazery Khalid: Hi Ross
Greetings from Malaysia. Thanks for your comment and for sharing your invention...