|Cruise Control - Your Peace of Mind at Sea|
|Saturday, 26 May 2007 11:47|
Author: Ronald Butcher Publisher: Black Whisker Publishing
From Baird Online:
Americans are by far the biggest consumer group as far as the global cruise industry is concerned. Americans also tend to be the single most security and safety conscious and litigious group on the planet.
Given the well known hazards of cruising, it is not surprising then, that a book such as this has been published. While written in sensationalist vein and rather "over-the-top", it still attempts to list and explain the hazards of cruising and offers some antidotes to them.
While exaggerated, the pity is that the situation described in the book is not too far from reality. It is a pity, too, that the book includes some outright libels such as the picture of a Malaysian Coast Guard vessel captioned as a "Modern Pirate Vessel". A strange, idiosyncratic book that nevertheless contains some valuable advice for actual and potential cruise passengers.
Ordering Information:Black Whisker Publishing Nevada, USA Web: www.butcherblockmedia.com
Latest Book Reviews
- Australia’s Secret War: How Unionists Sabotaged our Troops in World War II
- The Accidental Admiral: A Sailor Takes Command at NATO
- Performance By Design: Hydrodynamics for High-Speed Vessels
- The Dog Watch Number 71: Ships and Sea Stories
- A Handful Of Bullets: How the Murder of Archduke Franz Ferdinand still Menaces the Peace
- Guidance For LNG Carriers: Transiting the Panama Canal
- Eagle Seamanship: A Manual for Square-Rigger Sailing
Latest CommentsTodd Hamilton: Agreed on all counts. Another point to take into account is contracts are sometimes paid for before...
anna sinclair: I am working at Deep water point and would like to know the history of Paspaley family
Dave: Perhaps a bit more research would have helped your article accuracy on the push for more recreationa...
Fred: Meanwhile you guys wonder why no one pays your rants any attention. Took me quite sometime to go thr...