|Cruise Control - Your Peace of Mind at Sea|
|Saturday, 26 May 2007 11:47|
Author: Ronald Butcher Publisher: Black Whisker Publishing
From Baird Online:
Americans are by far the biggest consumer group as far as the global cruise industry is concerned. Americans also tend to be the single most security and safety conscious and litigious group on the planet.
Given the well known hazards of cruising, it is not surprising then, that a book such as this has been published. While written in sensationalist vein and rather "over-the-top", it still attempts to list and explain the hazards of cruising and offers some antidotes to them.
While exaggerated, the pity is that the situation described in the book is not too far from reality. It is a pity, too, that the book includes some outright libels such as the picture of a Malaysian Coast Guard vessel captioned as a "Modern Pirate Vessel". A strange, idiosyncratic book that nevertheless contains some valuable advice for actual and potential cruise passengers.
Ordering Information:Black Whisker Publishing Nevada, USA Web: www.butcherblockmedia.com
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...