|Cruise Control - Your Peace of Mind at Sea|
|Saturday, 26 May 2007 12:47|
Author: Ronald Butcher Publisher: Black Whisker Publishing
From Baird Online:
Americans are by far the biggest consumer group as far as the global cruise industry is concerned. Americans also tend to be the single most security and safety conscious and litigious group on the planet.
Given the well known hazards of cruising, it is not surprising then, that a book such as this has been published. While written in sensationalist vein and rather "over-the-top", it still attempts to list and explain the hazards of cruising and offers some antidotes to them.
While exaggerated, the pity is that the situation described in the book is not too far from reality. It is a pity, too, that the book includes some outright libels such as the picture of a Malaysian Coast Guard vessel captioned as a "Modern Pirate Vessel". A strange, idiosyncratic book that nevertheless contains some valuable advice for actual and potential cruise passengers.
Ordering Information:Black Whisker Publishing Nevada, USA Web: www.butcherblockmedia.com
Latest Book Reviews
- Surface Treated Composites: White Book
- A Year in the Life of the P&O Cruises Fleet
- An Introduction To Bunker Credit Risk
- The Tweed To The Northern Isles: The Fishing Industry Through Time
- Saltwater Leadership: A Primer on Leadership for the Junior Sea-Service Officer
- Megayachts: concept • design • construction
- Operation KE: The Cactus Air Force and the Japanese Withdrawal from Guadalcanal
Latest CommentsGeoff Collet:
As a retired commercial fisher, 60 odd years in or associated with that industry. I have...
Jack Nairn: Dear Mr Baird
Just a note of support to you for publicising the need for the world to have rap...
DAVID M. HIRD: An updated and enhanced second edition is now in preparation. Whereas the first edition concentrate...
Chris B.: What might prevent suicides amongst merchant crews?
From a mariner to the operating companies...