|Cruise Control - Your Peace of Mind at Sea|
|Saturday, 26 May 2007 11:47|
Author: Ronald Butcher Publisher: Black Whisker Publishing
From Baird Online:
Americans are by far the biggest consumer group as far as the global cruise industry is concerned. Americans also tend to be the single most security and safety conscious and litigious group on the planet.
Given the well known hazards of cruising, it is not surprising then, that a book such as this has been published. While written in sensationalist vein and rather "over-the-top", it still attempts to list and explain the hazards of cruising and offers some antidotes to them.
While exaggerated, the pity is that the situation described in the book is not too far from reality. It is a pity, too, that the book includes some outright libels such as the picture of a Malaysian Coast Guard vessel captioned as a "Modern Pirate Vessel". A strange, idiosyncratic book that nevertheless contains some valuable advice for actual and potential cruise passengers.
Ordering Information:Black Whisker Publishing Nevada, USA Web: www.butcherblockmedia.com
Latest Book Reviews
- Deep Sea And Foreign Going: Inside Shipping, The Invisible Industry That Brings You 90% Of Everything
- The Shark’s Paintbrush: Biomimicry and How Nature is Inspiring Innovation
- The American Clipper Ship, 1845-1920: A Comprehensive History, with a Listing of Builders and Their Ships
- Pollution Prevention From Ships: 30 Years of HELMEPA and MARPOL
- French Designs On Colonial New South Wales: François Péron’s Memoir on the English Settlement in New Holland, Van Diemen’s Land and The Archipelagos of the Great Pacific Ocean
- Through Albert’s Eyes: Volume 2 of the British Navy at War and Peace
- Coping With Piracy: Maritime Security Handbook
Latest CommentsKenny: Mermaid Sapphire is not a Mermaid Marine Australia vessel. The vessel is owned by Thai Company with ...
Rob simm: How does seeing a vessel operating outside of Australia in Sakalin, have anything to do with the MUA...
Dan Westerlund: To be noted that bigger (wider) ships can be built in Turku than in Papenburg. There have been negot...
Richard Stretch: Hi I am looking for information regarding Robert Farquhar.He was working at Walkers Limited earley i...