|Cruise Control - Your Peace of Mind at Sea|
|Saturday, 26 May 2007 11:47|
Author: Ronald Butcher Publisher: Black Whisker Publishing
From Baird Online:
Americans are by far the biggest consumer group as far as the global cruise industry is concerned. Americans also tend to be the single most security and safety conscious and litigious group on the planet.
Given the well known hazards of cruising, it is not surprising then, that a book such as this has been published. While written in sensationalist vein and rather "over-the-top", it still attempts to list and explain the hazards of cruising and offers some antidotes to them.
While exaggerated, the pity is that the situation described in the book is not too far from reality. It is a pity, too, that the book includes some outright libels such as the picture of a Malaysian Coast Guard vessel captioned as a "Modern Pirate Vessel". A strange, idiosyncratic book that nevertheless contains some valuable advice for actual and potential cruise passengers.
Ordering Information:Black Whisker Publishing Nevada, USA Web: www.butcherblockmedia.com
Latest Book Reviews
- The Cornish Fishing Industry: An Illustrated History
- An Introduction To LNG Bunkering
- 21st Century Mahan: Sound Military Conclusions for the Modern Era
- Six Essential Elements Of Leadership: Marine Corps Wisdom of a Medal of Honor Recipient
- The Rockets’ Red Glare: An Illustrated History of the War of 1812
- The Work Of The Harbour Master
- South Pacific Cauldron: World War II’s Great Forgotten Battlegrounds
Latest CommentsFergo: That's exactly the sort of shallow, glib comment that typifies debate on any complex issue of nation...
Mark: "Both locations were sheltered from currents and would have a poor supply of planktonic food. It see...
Mark: "The evidence for detriment to corals at pH 7.8 is dubious."
Methinks your comments are...
Cap'n Dan Van Blarcom : Of course, Australia was unable to get a submarine out of dry dock to shadow the Russians. Wonderful...