|Fisheries Acoustics - Theory and Practice|
|Saturday, 26 May 2007 11:47|
Author: John Simmonds and David MacLennan Publisher: Blackwell Publishing Published: 2006
From Baird Online:
One of Blackwell Publishing's Fish and Aquatic Resources Series, this very useful guide is now in its second considerably improved and updated edition. The use of acoustic electronic devices in fisheries has been blamed for much if the world’s now realised over-fishing. In a way, it could be said that the use of acoustic equipment in fishing has contributed to the industry’s current near demise.
Whatever the case, the use of electronic acoustic equipment has become an essential part of current fishing activity. This book very clearly, if not simply, shows how and why. If you really want to know how depth sounders, sonars and their ilk work, you need this book. If you want to learn how to use your fish finding equipment more effectively, you need it even more. Highly recommended.
Ordering Information:Blackwell Publishing Oxford, UK Web: www.blackwellpublishing.com
Latest Book Reviews
- Pollution Prevention From Ships: 30 Years of HELMEPA and MARPOL
- French Designs On Colonial New South Wales: François Péron’s Memoir on the English Settlement in New Holland, Van Diemen’s Land and The Archipelagos of the Great Pacific Ocean
- Through Albert’s Eyes: Volume 2 of the British Navy at War and Peace
- Coping With Piracy: Maritime Security Handbook
- Salt Of The Sea: Tales from Commercial Fishermen
- Doctor On Board: Your Practical Guide to Medical Emergencies at Sea
- The Woodhen: A Flightless Island Bird Defying Extinction
Latest CommentsKenny: Mermaid Sapphire is not a Mermaid Marine Australia vessel. The vessel is owned by Thai Company with ...
Rob simm: How does seeing a vessel operating outside of Australia in Sakalin, have anything to do with the MUA...
Dan Westerlund: To be noted that bigger (wider) ships can be built in Turku than in Papenburg. There have been negot...
Richard Stretch: Hi I am looking for information regarding Robert Farquhar.He was working at Walkers Limited earley i...