|The Gas Carrier Register 2006 (Clarkson Registers)|
|Saturday, 26 May 2007 11:47|
Author/Publisher: Clarkson Research Services
From Baird Online:
It is difficult to avoid using superlatives and hyperbole when reviewing these magnificent works of research and data collection. Having reviewed them annually for a very long time, it is sufficient to say that what was originally excellent, manages to become even better with each new edition. There is no better source of data on the facts they describe. As well as the properly bound hard cover directories themselves, each comes with a useful and easily manipulable CD that enhances their utility considerably.
Totally, the seven directories contain essential information on more than 33,000 existing and currently building ships as well as their 7,000 owners. It is all invaluable information. It is also remarkably accurate and up-to-date. Clarkson Research Services has a large and well qualified staff. They obviously put a lot of effort into this project. Considering that effort and the value of Clarkson’s data, the price of the registers is very reasonable indeed.
Latest Book Reviews
- 21st Century Sims: Innovation, Education and Leadership for the Modern Era
- Before Jutland: The Naval War In Northern European Waters, August 1914 – February 1915
- The Sea And Civilisation: A Maritime History of the World
- Super Highway: Sea Power in the 21st Century
- In All Respects Ready: Australia’s Navy in World War One
- Ice Ship: The Epic Voyages of the Polar Adventurer FRAM
- The Sydney Sailors’ Home 1859-2009
Latest CommentsKD: Speaking of hagiography , Sea Shepherd did not "win" against Fish & Fish in the UK Supreme Court ......
Christopher Skinner: Your concern over excessive acquisition costs for naval shipbuilding is understandable given the com...
Melanie Stewart: Please look up Operation Blue Rage in the Mediterranean to protect endangered bluefin tuna and you'l...
unnammed: Also strange that Australia, the leaders in Aluminium boat building will rule out building the vesse...