|Review: Piran Aquarium (Piran, Slovenia)|
|Wednesday, 26 November 2008 12:23|
From Baird Online:
Despite its small size, this compact aquarium, located in the centre of Piran, along Slovenia’s small stretch of coastline on the Adriatic, is charming, has a cheap entry fee, and showcases a range of local species.
The sixteenth century former Italian port is of interest to readers of this web portal for a number of other reasons, with numerous fishing vessels operating out of the area, a maritime museum located by the harbour, and many fine seafood restaurants. Glass-bottomed boat tours are also available nearby, as well as scuba diving.
Closed October 16 - March 24
Latest Book Reviews
- Ferries 2011: British Isles and Northern Europe
- Admiral Nimitz: The Commander of the Pacific Ocean Theater
- A Plain Sailorman In China: The Life and Time of Cdr. I.V. Gillis, USN 1875-1948
- Double Cross: The True Story of the D-Day Spies
- What’s In It For You?
- The Naval Institute Guide To The Ships And Aircraft Of The U.S. Fleet
- Two Roads To War: The French and British Air Arms from Versailles to Dunkirk
Latest CommentsChaithra: A recent Boat/US Magazine atclrie reported that 70% of boat sales were sales of used boats. It's no ...
Dermot bremner: Every system has its day, they have their day and cease to be .
Alfred Lord Tennyson
aryastark: I have been having a whole discussion with my friend's husband (who is an engineer) aboutnatural gas...
Nazery Khalid: Hi Ross
Greetings from Malaysia. Thanks for your comment and for sharing your invention...