|The Shell Channel Pilot (6th Edition) - South Coast of England, North Coast of France, Channel Islands|
|Friday, 28 May 2010 17:54|
By Tom Cunliffe
From Baird Maritime:
This highly refined sixth edition of a classic has again been prepared by one of the real characters of the marine world. Tom Cunliffe is an unconventional individual who enjoys researching on an “up close and personal” basis.
So, as well as advising the reader of the best ways to get into, out of and around, the ports, harbours, coves and inlets of the region covered by this pilot, he tells us how to find the best bars and restaurants once we have got there.
A highly accurate but delightfully idiosyncratic guide to this busy, popular and fascinating corner of the maritime world.
Latest Book Reviews
- Surface Treated Composites: White Book
- A Year in the Life of the P&O Cruises Fleet
- An Introduction To Bunker Credit Risk
- The Tweed To The Northern Isles: The Fishing Industry Through Time
- Saltwater Leadership: A Primer on Leadership for the Junior Sea-Service Officer
- Megayachts: concept • design • construction
- Operation KE: The Cactus Air Force and the Japanese Withdrawal from Guadalcanal
Latest CommentsGeoff Collet:
As a retired commercial fisher, 60 odd years in or associated with that industry. I have...
Jack Nairn: Dear Mr Baird
Just a note of support to you for publicising the need for the world to have rap...
DAVID M. HIRD: An updated and enhanced second edition is now in preparation. Whereas the first edition concentrate...
Chris B.: What might prevent suicides amongst merchant crews?
From a mariner to the operating companies...