|The Shell Channel Pilot (6th Edition) - South Coast of England, North Coast of France, Channel Islands|
|Friday, 28 May 2010 17:54|
By Tom Cunliffe
From Baird Maritime:
This highly refined sixth edition of a classic has again been prepared by one of the real characters of the marine world. Tom Cunliffe is an unconventional individual who enjoys researching on an “up close and personal” basis.
So, as well as advising the reader of the best ways to get into, out of and around, the ports, harbours, coves and inlets of the region covered by this pilot, he tells us how to find the best bars and restaurants once we have got there.
A highly accurate but delightfully idiosyncratic guide to this busy, popular and fascinating corner of the maritime world.
Latest Book Reviews
- Nelson: Britannia’s God of War
- Rescue At 2100 Hours: The Untold Story of the Most Daring Escape of the Pacific Wa
- Uncommon Warriors: 200 Years of the Most Unusual American Naval Vessels
- The Aden Effect: A Connor Stark Novel
- To Crown The Waves: The Great Navies of the First World War
- Spanish Gold: Captain Woodes Rogers & the True Story of the Pirates of the Caribbean
- Lessons From The Hanoi Hilton: Six Characteristics of High Performance Teams
Latest CommentsDAVID M. HIRD: An updated and enhanced second edition is now in preparation. Whereas the first edition concentrate...
Chris B.: What might prevent suicides amongst merchant crews?
From a mariner to the operating companies...
Rossini J.C: BRAVO!!! ...I am not a pilot but I have been following this profession and professionails for too m...
Lepical: But why is this admirable book so hard to buy?...