|The Shell Channel Pilot (6th Edition) - South Coast of England, North Coast of France, Channel Islands|
|Friday, 28 May 2010 17:54|
By Tom Cunliffe
From Baird Maritime:
This highly refined sixth edition of a classic has again been prepared by one of the real characters of the marine world. Tom Cunliffe is an unconventional individual who enjoys researching on an “up close and personal” basis.
So, as well as advising the reader of the best ways to get into, out of and around, the ports, harbours, coves and inlets of the region covered by this pilot, he tells us how to find the best bars and restaurants once we have got there.
A highly accurate but delightfully idiosyncratic guide to this busy, popular and fascinating corner of the maritime world.
Latest Book Reviews
- They Sang Like Kangaroos: Australia’s Tinpot Navy In The Great War
- Great British Shipwrecks: A Personal Adventure
- Global Marine Trends 2030
- Ferries 2011: British Isles and Northern Europe
- Admiral Nimitz: The Commander of the Pacific Ocean Theater
- A Plain Sailorman In China: The Life and Time of Cdr. I.V. Gillis, USN 1875-1948
- Double Cross: The True Story of the D-Day Spies
Latest CommentsPatricia Brooks: How very true. We are deep sea pilots here in Northern Europe offering a service endorsed and licen...
Pleased to see that sound science is getting a hearing. Over the past 30 years or so, inc...
Chaithra: A recent Boat/US Magazine atclrie reported that 70% of boat sales were sales of used boats. It's no ...
Dermot bremner: Every system has its day, they have their day and cease to be .
Alfred Lord Tennyson