|The Shell Channel Pilot (6th Edition) - South Coast of England, North Coast of France, Channel Islands|
|Friday, 28 May 2010 16:54|
By Tom Cunliffe
From Baird Maritime:
This highly refined sixth edition of a classic has again been prepared by one of the real characters of the marine world. Tom Cunliffe is an unconventional individual who enjoys researching on an “up close and personal” basis.
So, as well as advising the reader of the best ways to get into, out of and around, the ports, harbours, coves and inlets of the region covered by this pilot, he tells us how to find the best bars and restaurants once we have got there.
A highly accurate but delightfully idiosyncratic guide to this busy, popular and fascinating corner of the maritime world.
Latest Book Reviews
- Ice Ship: The Epic Voyages of the Polar Adventurer FRAM
- The Sydney Sailors’ Home 1859-2009
- International Tug & OSV: Annual Review 2014
- Against The Tide: Rickover’s Leadership Principles and the Rise of the Nuclear Navy
- Blood & Guts: Dispatches from the Whale Wars
- Celebrating 100 Years Of Pride In The Fleet
- Dive Truk Lagoon: The Japanese WWII Pacific Shipwrecks
Latest CommentsKD: Speaking of hagiography , Sea Shepherd did not "win" against Fish & Fish in the UK Supreme Court ......
Christopher Skinner: Your concern over excessive acquisition costs for naval shipbuilding is understandable given the com...
Melanie Stewart: Please look up Operation Blue Rage in the Mediterranean to protect endangered bluefin tuna and you'l...
unnammed: Also strange that Australia, the leaders in Aluminium boat building will rule out building the vesse...