|Omega Navigation takes delivery of ‘Megacore Honami’|
|Friday, 19 March 2010 11:16|
Athens, Greece: Omega Navigation Enterprises has recently taken delivery of a product tanker from Hyundai Mipo Dockyard in South Korea.‘Megacore Honami’, a 37,000DWT product/chemical carrier, was delivered on February 25.
The ‘Megacore Honami’ represents the first in a series of nine newbuildings for Megacore. In addition to this vessel, Megacore is scheduled to have two additional deliveries in 2010, four newbuilding vessels in 2011 and two vessels to be delivered in 2012.
The addition of the ‘Megacore Honami’ brings the Omega fleet to ten vessels, either owned directly or through joint venture companies.
The ‘Megacore Honami’, immediately following the delivery, commenced a three-year time charter with NYK Line.
Latest Book Reviews
- Sail & Steam: Trading Vessels To Georges Bay, 1833 To 1958
- The Emergence Of Britain’s Global Naval Supremacy: The War of 1739-1748
- Keeping The Ships At Sea: Ship Repair at Cockatoo Island 1857-1991
- 21st Century Ellis: Operational Art and Strategic Prophecy for the Modern Era
- The U.S. Naval Institute On Naval Leadership
- Passage Planning Guide: Great Barrier Reef and Torres Strait 2015
- Respekt: The German Maritime Search and Rescue Service at 150
Latest CommentsTracey: I am reading a wonderful and impressive story......
Martin Renilson: Neil,
Nice positive comment - I couldn't agree with you more.
Ralph Stevens: Thanks for the insight Neil.
Robert Scorsone: Hi, I would like to know about the suction dredge the Sir Thomas Riley, built in Maryborough shipyar...