|Omega Navigation takes delivery of ‘Megacore Honami’|
|Friday, 19 March 2010 11:16|
Athens, Greece: Omega Navigation Enterprises has recently taken delivery of a product tanker from Hyundai Mipo Dockyard in South Korea.‘Megacore Honami’, a 37,000DWT product/chemical carrier, was delivered on February 25.
The ‘Megacore Honami’ represents the first in a series of nine newbuildings for Megacore. In addition to this vessel, Megacore is scheduled to have two additional deliveries in 2010, four newbuilding vessels in 2011 and two vessels to be delivered in 2012.
The addition of the ‘Megacore Honami’ brings the Omega fleet to ten vessels, either owned directly or through joint venture companies.
The ‘Megacore Honami’, immediately following the delivery, commenced a three-year time charter with NYK Line.
Latest Book Reviews
- Pollution Prevention From Ships: 30 Years of HELMEPA and MARPOL
- French Designs On Colonial New South Wales: François Péron’s Memoir on the English Settlement in New Holland, Van Diemen’s Land and The Archipelagos of the Great Pacific Ocean
- Through Albert’s Eyes: Volume 2 of the British Navy at War and Peace
- Coping With Piracy: Maritime Security Handbook
- Salt Of The Sea: Tales from Commercial Fishermen
- Doctor On Board: Your Practical Guide to Medical Emergencies at Sea
- The Woodhen: A Flightless Island Bird Defying Extinction
Latest CommentsKenny: Mermaid Sapphire is not a Mermaid Marine Australia vessel. The vessel is owned by Thai Company with ...
Rob simm: How does seeing a vessel operating outside of Australia in Sakalin, have anything to do with the MUA...
Dan Westerlund: To be noted that bigger (wider) ships can be built in Turku than in Papenburg. There have been negot...
Richard Stretch: Hi I am looking for information regarding Robert Farquhar.He was working at Walkers Limited earley i...