|Maritime Museum of Sandusky|
|Tuesday, 01 September 2009 15:58|
Ohio, USA: The Maritime Museum of Sandusky contains exhibits
on shipwrecks, wetlands, navigation, recreational boating, passenger boats, boat building, commercial
fishing, commercial shipping, ice harvesting and maritime history.
There is a short video featuring the history of Sandusky’s maritime industries.
The museum offers several special programmes throughout the year. From September 12 to 13, 2009, the museum will host its Bay Days Festival. There will be boat rides and model boat building for children and a pirate show.
Location/contact:125 Meigs Street Sandusky, Ohio, USA Web: www.sanduskymaritime.org
June through August
September through May
Latest Book Reviews
- They Sang Like Kangaroos: Australia’s Tinpot Navy In The Great War
- Great British Shipwrecks: A Personal Adventure
- Global Marine Trends 2030
- Ferries 2011: British Isles and Northern Europe
- Admiral Nimitz: The Commander of the Pacific Ocean Theater
- A Plain Sailorman In China: The Life and Time of Cdr. I.V. Gillis, USN 1875-1948
- Double Cross: The True Story of the D-Day Spies
Latest CommentsPatricia Brooks: How very true. We are deep sea pilots here in Northern Europe offering a service endorsed and licen...
Pleased to see that sound science is getting a hearing. Over the past 30 years or so, inc...
Chaithra: A recent Boat/US Magazine atclrie reported that 70% of boat sales were sales of used boats. It's no ...
Dermot bremner: Every system has its day, they have their day and cease to be .
Alfred Lord Tennyson