|Rimorchiatori Riuniti takes on Damen newbuild|
|Tuesday, 31 January 2017 16:50|
Rimorchiatori Riuniti has taken delivery of a Damen ASD 2913. The new vessel, named Germania, was handed over to the Italian tug operator last week from Damen Shipyards Galati in Romania. The delivery follows Rimorchiatori Riuniti’s order for a second, identical vessel, the contract for which was finalised at the end of December.
imorchiatori Riuniti’s newest addition to the fleet has had some additional extras installed by Damen, inlcuding FiFi 1, oil recovery and escort notations as well as an aft winch meaning that she will be capable of some offshore duties.
Germania has also been built to be fully compliant with Italian Flag requirements. A powerful 80-tonne bollard pull tug, she will be put into action in the port of Genoa. As Italy’s largest seaport, Genoa is also the country’s busiest in terms of cargo tonnage. The port also handles a substantial amount of passenger transport in the form of ferries and cruise ships.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...