|First Damen tug for Ocean|
|Tuesday, 24 January 2017 15:25|
Responding to fleet expansion requirements, Italian towage company Ocean has ordered a Stan Tug 2608 from Damen Shipyards Group. The contract marks Ocean’s first Damen tug purchase. After delivery, scheduled for June 2017, the vessel will be mobilised for harbour towage duties in the port of Monfalcone.
Ocean had previously bought a Stan Pontoon from Damen a couple of years ago and had been satisfied with the performance since then which has led to the company approaching Damen for this order.
Stan Tugs are one of the mainstays of the Damen portfolio. They benefit not only from Damen’s own shipbuilding experience, but also from considerable hands-on feedback from vessel owners and operators from around the world.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...