|New York Water Taxi to get new owner|
|Tuesday, 24 January 2017 15:15|
The Durst Organisation has announced that it has closed a transaction for the sale of New York Water Taxi (NYWT) to New York Cruise Lines (NYCL).
The transaction unites the midtown and downtown Circle Line brands, which operated out of 42nd Street and the Hudson River and South Street Seaport on the East River, respectively. The addition of NYWT and Circle Line Downtown fleet and staff within the NYCL family gives NYCL the geographic scope and capacity to expand the Circle Line sightseeing business. With the acquisition, NYCL will own and operate 25 ships, including transportation ferries, high speed thrill rides and sightseeing, dinner, entertainment and charter yachts, with capacity ranging from 74 to 600 passengers.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsLeonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...
david wood ross: Excellent timely article Neil and accurately reflects my own experience. I say timely because recent...
Ross Fletcher: Well said.Needs a lot more noise on this issue. As a professional merchant navy Officer, I have been...
John Oscroft: Try the Barrow in Furness (UK) museum, housed in an old dry dock, whilst a lot is given over to the ...