|US$9 million in funding for US coastal habitat restoration projects|
|Thursday, 28 July 2016 16:08|
The US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has recommended US$9 million in funding for 17 coastal habitat restoration projects across the United States.
These projects will restore at least 1,400 acres of habitat, and up to 80 stream miles for fish passage.
Recommended projects will use a habitat-based approach to increase fish production and foster species recovery. Successful proposals will help rebuild fish stocks, help recover threatened and endangered species, or benefit other coastal and marine species (such as forage fish).
These projects contribute to NOAA’s conservation efforts to assist the recovery of three “species in the spotlight” at risk of extinction.
NOAA’s investment in habitat is part of its long-term effort to rebuild fisheries, many of which have declined precipitously from habitat loss, over-fishing, and climate change.
Cialis Side Effects is just like any other medication but do not necessity to worry and believe that all is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. Everyone is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...