|Russia to build first floating nuclear power plant by 2015|
|Tuesday, 27 November 2012 17:36|
Russia's state-owned United Shipbuilding Corporation (USC) and the Russian Federal Atomic Energy Agency (Rosatom) are set to finish the first floating nuclear power plant (FNPP) within the next three years.
The new project will be named the 'Academician Lomonosov'. After the completion of the project, Rosatom announced plans to start production of a series of FNPPs.
"Despite the difficulties faced by the project at the start, we are not giving up any further construction of floating nuclear power plants. The demand for them is very large, both inside the country and abroad" said Evgeny Romanov, head of Rosatom.
Latest Book Reviews
- Nelson: Britannia’s God of War
- Rescue At 2100 Hours: The Untold Story of the Most Daring Escape of the Pacific Wa
- Uncommon Warriors: 200 Years of the Most Unusual American Naval Vessels
- The Aden Effect: A Connor Stark Novel
- To Crown The Waves: The Great Navies of the First World War
- Spanish Gold: Captain Woodes Rogers & the True Story of the Pirates of the Caribbean
- Lessons From The Hanoi Hilton: Six Characteristics of High Performance Teams
Latest CommentsDAVID M. HIRD: An updated and enhanced second edition is now in preparation. Whereas the first edition concentrate...
Chris B.: What might prevent suicides amongst merchant crews?
From a mariner to the operating companies...
Rossini J.C: BRAVO!!! ...I am not a pilot but I have been following this profession and professionails for too m...
Lepical: But why is this admirable book so hard to buy?...