|Russia to build first floating nuclear power plant by 2015|
|Tuesday, 27 November 2012 16:36|
Russia's state-owned United Shipbuilding Corporation (USC) and the Russian Federal Atomic Energy Agency (Rosatom) are set to finish the first floating nuclear power plant (FNPP) within the next three years.
The new project will be named the 'Academician Lomonosov'. After the completion of the project, Rosatom announced plans to start production of a series of FNPPs.
"Despite the difficulties faced by the project at the start, we are not giving up any further construction of floating nuclear power plants. The demand for them is very large, both inside the country and abroad" said Evgeny Romanov, head of Rosatom.
Latest Book Reviews
- A Handful Of Bullets: How the Murder of Archduke Franz Ferdinand still Menaces the Peace
- Guidance For LNG Carriers: Transiting the Panama Canal
- Eagle Seamanship: A Manual for Square-Rigger Sailing
- West Coast Wrecks & Other Maritime Tales
- The Burning Shore: How Hitler’s U-Boats Brought World War II to America
- In The Shadow Of Greatness: Voices of Leadership, Sacrifice, and Service from America’s Longest War
- Rebalancing US Forces: Basing and Forward Presence in the Asia Pacific
Latest Commentsanna sinclair: I am working at Deep water point and would like to know the history of Paspaley family
Dave: Perhaps a bit more research would have helped your article accuracy on the push for more recreationa...
Fred: Meanwhile you guys wonder why no one pays your rants any attention. Took me quite sometime to go thr...
John Dunn.: I was an Indentured Apprentice in the 1960's after completing three years pre-sea training. As I c...