|Russia to build first floating nuclear power plant by 2015|
|Tuesday, 27 November 2012 17:36|
Russia's state-owned United Shipbuilding Corporation (USC) and the Russian Federal Atomic Energy Agency (Rosatom) are set to finish the first floating nuclear power plant (FNPP) within the next three years.
The new project will be named the 'Academician Lomonosov'. After the completion of the project, Rosatom announced plans to start production of a series of FNPPs.
"Despite the difficulties faced by the project at the start, we are not giving up any further construction of floating nuclear power plants. The demand for them is very large, both inside the country and abroad" said Evgeny Romanov, head of Rosatom.
Latest Book Reviews
- Surface Treated Composites: White Book
- A Year in the Life of the P&O Cruises Fleet
- An Introduction To Bunker Credit Risk
- The Tweed To The Northern Isles: The Fishing Industry Through Time
- Saltwater Leadership: A Primer on Leadership for the Junior Sea-Service Officer
- Megayachts: concept • design • construction
- Operation KE: The Cactus Air Force and the Japanese Withdrawal from Guadalcanal
Latest CommentsGeoff Collet:
As a retired commercial fisher, 60 odd years in or associated with that industry. I have...
Jack Nairn: Dear Mr Baird
Just a note of support to you for publicising the need for the world to have rap...
DAVID M. HIRD: An updated and enhanced second edition is now in preparation. Whereas the first edition concentrate...
Chris B.: What might prevent suicides amongst merchant crews?
From a mariner to the operating companies...