|Russia to build first floating nuclear power plant by 2015|
|Tuesday, 27 November 2012 16:36|
Russia's state-owned United Shipbuilding Corporation (USC) and the Russian Federal Atomic Energy Agency (Rosatom) are set to finish the first floating nuclear power plant (FNPP) within the next three years.
The new project will be named the 'Academician Lomonosov'. After the completion of the project, Rosatom announced plans to start production of a series of FNPPs.
"Despite the difficulties faced by the project at the start, we are not giving up any further construction of floating nuclear power plants. The demand for them is very large, both inside the country and abroad" said Evgeny Romanov, head of Rosatom.
Latest Book Reviews
- West Coast Wrecks & Other Maritime Tales
- The Burning Shore: How Hitler’s U-Boats Brought World War II to America
- In The Shadow Of Greatness: Voices of Leadership, Sacrifice, and Service from America’s Longest War
- Rebalancing US Forces: Basing and Forward Presence in the Asia Pacific
- Zephaniah Kingsley Jnr and the Atlantic World: Slave Trader, Plantation Owner, Emancipator
- The Battleship USS Massachusetts: Super Drawings in 3D
- Bunker Fuel For Marine Engines: A Technical Introduction
Latest CommentsFred: Meanwhile you guys wonder why no one pays your rants any attention. Took me quite sometime to go thr...
John Dunn.: I was an Indentured Apprentice in the 1960's after completing three years pre-sea training. As I c...
partlycloudy: Um, actually he only said they use a similar method to forward their respective propaganda. Another ...
Craig Gordon: Ric.
Look for 'Sugar, Ships, Locomotives' by R.S. Maynard 1946...