|Russia to build first floating nuclear power plant by 2015|
|Tuesday, 27 November 2012 16:36|
Russia's state-owned United Shipbuilding Corporation (USC) and the Russian Federal Atomic Energy Agency (Rosatom) are set to finish the first floating nuclear power plant (FNPP) within the next three years.
The new project will be named the 'Academician Lomonosov'. After the completion of the project, Rosatom announced plans to start production of a series of FNPPs.
"Despite the difficulties faced by the project at the start, we are not giving up any further construction of floating nuclear power plants. The demand for them is very large, both inside the country and abroad" said Evgeny Romanov, head of Rosatom.
Latest Book Reviews
- The Battleship USS Massachusetts: Super Drawings in 3D
- Bunker Fuel For Marine Engines: A Technical Introduction
- Beautiful Tufi: Between the Past and the Future
- The Lifeboat Service In Ireland: Station by Station
- The Shipping Man: A Novel
- White Star Line: A Photographic History
- Modern Maritime Law: Volume 2: Managing Risks and Liabilities
Latest Commentspartlycloudy: Um, actually he only said they use a similar method to forward their respective propaganda. Another ...
Craig Gordon: Ric.
Look for 'Sugar, Ships, Locomotives' by R.S. Maynard 1946...
Jocko Smith: Comparing the conservation movement to Nazism? Not just a sad indictment of your worldview, but trul...
jack james: I must say it is a good news for dive lovers who are interested to go to Malaysia and want to enjoy ...