|IMO request more stringent pilot transfer regulations|
|Friday, 03 August 2012 18:04|
The IMO have requested governments to ensure that pilot ladders, their arrangements, use and maintenance conform to standards "not inferior" to those set out in the annex to IMO Resolution A.1045(27).
The IMO states the requirements are applicable to new builds, but some requirements also apply to existing ships:
A poster outlining the standards has been developed by the International Maritime Pilots Association (IMPA) in association with the IMO. The poster has been revised to clearly show the new requirements in diagrammatic fashion. Produced under licence, the poster is now available from specialist stockists.
Latest Book Reviews
- Admiral Nimitz: The Commander of the Pacific Ocean Theater
- A Plain Sailorman In China: The Life and Time of Cdr. I.V. Gillis, USN 1875-1948
- Double Cross: The True Story of the D-Day Spies
- What’s In It For You?
- The Naval Institute Guide To The Ships And Aircraft Of The U.S. Fleet
- Two Roads To War: The French and British Air Arms from Versailles to Dunkirk
- The World Of Arthur Ransom
Latest CommentsChaithra: A recent Boat/US Magazine atclrie reported that 70% of boat sales were sales of used boats. It's no ...
Dermot bremner: Every system has its day, they have their day and cease to be .
Alfred Lord Tennyson
aryastark: I have been having a whole discussion with my friend's husband (who is an engineer) aboutnatural gas...
Nazery Khalid: Hi Ross
Greetings from Malaysia. Thanks for your comment and for sharing your invention...