|Quebec orders ferry from Fincantieri|
|Friday, 03 August 2012 16:51|
Fincantieri has been awarded a contract to build a latest generation ferry by Canada's Société des traversiers du Québec (STQ).
The 130 metre ferry will have a capacity of 800 passengers and 180 cars and will have a dual fuel diesel electric propulsion system able to operate on marine diesel oil or LNG. It will be the first vessel in the STQ fleet not to be built in a Quebec shipyard.
Source: InterFerry News
Image source: ColtonCompany.com
Latest Book Reviews
- Admiral Nimitz: The Commander of the Pacific Ocean Theater
- A Plain Sailorman In China: The Life and Time of Cdr. I.V. Gillis, USN 1875-1948
- Double Cross: The True Story of the D-Day Spies
- What’s In It For You?
- The Naval Institute Guide To The Ships And Aircraft Of The U.S. Fleet
- Two Roads To War: The French and British Air Arms from Versailles to Dunkirk
- The World Of Arthur Ransom
Latest CommentsChaithra: A recent Boat/US Magazine atclrie reported that 70% of boat sales were sales of used boats. It's no ...
Dermot bremner: Every system has its day, they have their day and cease to be .
Alfred Lord Tennyson
aryastark: I have been having a whole discussion with my friend's husband (who is an engineer) aboutnatural gas...
Nazery Khalid: Hi Ross
Greetings from Malaysia. Thanks for your comment and for sharing your invention...