|Fishing Industry: Images of the Past|
|Friday, 13 July 2012 20:04|
Author: Jon Sutherland & Diane Canwell
Publisher: Pen & Sword Books
From Baird Maritime
For the best part of a century, until the 1950s, the British fishing industry was the world leader. Sadly, the last half-century has seen it decline to practical non-existence.
This brilliant collection of 120 high quality photographs, fortunately, records the industry’s heyday. Joined together by simple clear text it provides a first class record of a once important industry.
While not completely all-encompassing it still captures the feeling and ambience of the industry. The people, the boats, their equipment, the markets, the towns, everything is memorably and very atmospherically described.
find this book of great value.
Ordering information:Pen & Sword Books Barnsley, UK Web: www.pen-sword.co.uk
Latest Book Reviews
- Admiral Nimitz: The Commander of the Pacific Ocean Theater
- A Plain Sailorman In China: The Life and Time of Cdr. I.V. Gillis, USN 1875-1948
- Double Cross: The True Story of the D-Day Spies
- What’s In It For You?
- The Naval Institute Guide To The Ships And Aircraft Of The U.S. Fleet
- Two Roads To War: The French and British Air Arms from Versailles to Dunkirk
- The World Of Arthur Ransom
Latest CommentsChaithra: A recent Boat/US Magazine atclrie reported that 70% of boat sales were sales of used boats. It's no ...
Dermot bremner: Every system has its day, they have their day and cease to be .
Alfred Lord Tennyson
aryastark: I have been having a whole discussion with my friend's husband (who is an engineer) aboutnatural gas...
Nazery Khalid: Hi Ross
Greetings from Malaysia. Thanks for your comment and for sharing your invention...