|Alewijnse to assist conversion of oil rigs|
|Tuesday, 26 June 2012 15:55|
Alewijnse Marine Systems is to play a significant role in the conversion of the jack-up drill rigs 'Atlantic London' and 'Atlantic Amsterdam' to offshore hotel accommodation. Both refits will start in July and take several months to complete.
According to the company, “this significant order from Nordica Offshore further reinforces the position that Alewijnse has developed in the offshore refit and retrofit market and demonstrates the wide range of skills and capabilities that the company can bring to projects of this complexity.”
In 2011 Alewijnse successfully played a sizable role in a similar conversion of the jack-up rig ‘Atlantic Labrador’.
Latest Book Reviews
- They Sang Like Kangaroos: Australia’s Tinpot Navy In The Great War
- Great British Shipwrecks: A Personal Adventure
- Global Marine Trends 2030
- Ferries 2011: British Isles and Northern Europe
- Admiral Nimitz: The Commander of the Pacific Ocean Theater
- A Plain Sailorman In China: The Life and Time of Cdr. I.V. Gillis, USN 1875-1948
- Double Cross: The True Story of the D-Day Spies
Latest CommentsPatricia Brooks: How very true. We are deep sea pilots here in Northern Europe offering a service endorsed and licen...
Pleased to see that sound science is getting a hearing. Over the past 30 years or so, inc...
Chaithra: A recent Boat/US Magazine atclrie reported that 70% of boat sales were sales of used boats. It's no ...
Dermot bremner: Every system has its day, they have their day and cease to be .
Alfred Lord Tennyson