|'Aries Punnamada Chundan' enters record books|
|Friday, 15 June 2012 18:56|
The 'Aries Punnamada Chundan' holds the record for “Longest Steel Boat or Snake Boat.” It measures 44 metres in length, 1.75 metres across its beam and weighs 8 tonnes when carrying a canoe crew of 141 members. It also boasts one of the largest canoe crews for a single vessel.
The 'Aries Chundan' was conceived and designed by Sohan Roy, CEO, Aries Group of Companies. The snake boats strength, durability and its scientific design is what makes it stand apart from other traditional snake boats. The steel snake boat is also regarded as “unsinkable.”
Snake boats are the traditional battle vessels of the Indian state of Kerala and they were originally designed as a naval vessel used for battle.
The Asia Book of World Records is a platform established "for all Asians to showcase their unique talent and inspire the world to go one step further."
Image Source: Asia Book of Records
Latest Book Reviews
- Admiral Nimitz: The Commander of the Pacific Ocean Theater
- A Plain Sailorman In China: The Life and Time of Cdr. I.V. Gillis, USN 1875-1948
- Double Cross: The True Story of the D-Day Spies
- What’s In It For You?
- The Naval Institute Guide To The Ships And Aircraft Of The U.S. Fleet
- Two Roads To War: The French and British Air Arms from Versailles to Dunkirk
- The World Of Arthur Ransom
Latest CommentsChaithra: A recent Boat/US Magazine atclrie reported that 70% of boat sales were sales of used boats. It's no ...
Dermot bremner: Every system has its day, they have their day and cease to be .
Alfred Lord Tennyson
aryastark: I have been having a whole discussion with my friend's husband (who is an engineer) aboutnatural gas...
Nazery Khalid: Hi Ross
Greetings from Malaysia. Thanks for your comment and for sharing your invention...