|CFA: Defer Australian marine reserves, find balance|
|Tuesday, 12 June 2012 19:29|
The Commonwealth Fisheries Association (CFA) has announced it does not support the proposed marine reserve networks due to significant concerns regarding the impact to the commercial fishing industry as well as many regional communities around Australia’s coastline. CFA is calling for the deferral of the planning process until such time as these concerns are resolved.
“The CFA calls for the marine reserve network declarations to be put on hold until ALL the impacts to the fishing industry, regional communities, and Australia’s future seafood supply can
Latest Book Reviews
- They Sang Like Kangaroos: Australia’s Tinpot Navy In The Great War
- Great British Shipwrecks: A Personal Adventure
- Global Marine Trends 2030
- Ferries 2011: British Isles and Northern Europe
- Admiral Nimitz: The Commander of the Pacific Ocean Theater
- A Plain Sailorman In China: The Life and Time of Cdr. I.V. Gillis, USN 1875-1948
- Double Cross: The True Story of the D-Day Spies
Latest CommentsPatricia Brooks: How very true. We are deep sea pilots here in Northern Europe offering a service endorsed and licen...
Pleased to see that sound science is getting a hearing. Over the past 30 years or so, inc...
Chaithra: A recent Boat/US Magazine atclrie reported that 70% of boat sales were sales of used boats. It's no ...
Dermot bremner: Every system has its day, they have their day and cease to be .
Alfred Lord Tennyson