|Rolls-Royce to supply anchor handling vessel|
|Tuesday, 15 May 2012 17:41|
Rolls-Royce, has been awarded a £15 million contract by STX OSV to supply an extensive deck equipment package for an advanced anchor handling vessel to be operated by Iceman AS.
The package, which is designed to improve operational safety, will include a new anchor handling frame (AHF) and a hydraulic anchor winch, which is capable of pulling 500 tonnes. It will also feature anchor handling cranes and systems to ensure controlled management of wires and chains when pulling heavy loads.
Arne Tande, Rolls-Royce, Senior Vice President - Offshore Deck Machinery said: “This latest contract cements Rolls-Royce’s position as the market leader in anchor handling equipment. We supply world leading technology which enables safer and more efficient operations in deep water oil fields.”
Latest Book Reviews
- They Sang Like Kangaroos: Australia’s Tinpot Navy In The Great War
- Great British Shipwrecks: A Personal Adventure
- Global Marine Trends 2030
- Ferries 2011: British Isles and Northern Europe
- Admiral Nimitz: The Commander of the Pacific Ocean Theater
- A Plain Sailorman In China: The Life and Time of Cdr. I.V. Gillis, USN 1875-1948
- Double Cross: The True Story of the D-Day Spies
Latest CommentsPatricia Brooks: How very true. We are deep sea pilots here in Northern Europe offering a service endorsed and licen...
Pleased to see that sound science is getting a hearing. Over the past 30 years or so, inc...
Chaithra: A recent Boat/US Magazine atclrie reported that 70% of boat sales were sales of used boats. It's no ...
Dermot bremner: Every system has its day, they have their day and cease to be .
Alfred Lord Tennyson