|Coastal Energy announces successful oil wells at Bua Ban South|
|Friday, 04 May 2012 10:11|
Coastal Energy Company has announced the successful results of the Bua Ban South A-03ST and A-05 wells.
The Bua Ban South A-05 well was drilled to a depth of 1,075 meters True Vertical Depth (TVD), approximately 500 meters to the east of the A-04 well. The well encountered six meters of net pay across two Miocene zones with average porosity of 29%, based on evaluation of downhole logs. The A-05 is downdip from the A-04, and moved the lowest known oil down by 50 feet in the Miocene. The oil water contact was not encountered in either zone at this location, and further appraisal wells will be required to delineate the areal extent of this field. MDT data indicate that the oil water contact could be materially lower than depths at which the current wells have penetrated the Miocene interval.
Latest Book Reviews
- Admiral Nimitz: The Commander of the Pacific Ocean Theater
- A Plain Sailorman In China: The Life and Time of Cdr. I.V. Gillis, USN 1875-1948
- Double Cross: The True Story of the D-Day Spies
- What’s In It For You?
- The Naval Institute Guide To The Ships And Aircraft Of The U.S. Fleet
- Two Roads To War: The French and British Air Arms from Versailles to Dunkirk
- The World Of Arthur Ransom
Latest CommentsChaithra: A recent Boat/US Magazine atclrie reported that 70% of boat sales were sales of used boats. It's no ...
Dermot bremner: Every system has its day, they have their day and cease to be .
Alfred Lord Tennyson
aryastark: I have been having a whole discussion with my friend's husband (who is an engineer) aboutnatural gas...
Nazery Khalid: Hi Ross
Greetings from Malaysia. Thanks for your comment and for sharing your invention...